The success of the EYCA depends upon the support of its volunteers. Parent volunteers are mandatory for each team member.
Each family will be asked for a $200 Volunteer Bond cheque at the beginning of the year. The cheque should be made payable to Edmonton Youth Curling Association and remain un-dated. Players will not be allowed on ice until cheque is received. Families with more than 1 player in the EYCA, are only required to supply 1 bond cheque.
A sample of EYCA volunteer tasks include:
- CASINO - December 3rd & 4th, 2022. We will need many volunteers for this. Even if you have volunteered in other ways, please consider giving your time for this very important event.
- Team Coaches - Must attend & coach over half of the team's games to have volunteer commitment fufilled.
- Substitute Coaches - (1-2 game commitment) To coach if a team coach cannot make the game. You will need to be available on your given days.
- Score Keepers (Will need 1/Day/Division) 1-2 game commitment. To record scores at the end of games and report them to the EYCA Admin
- Time Keepers (Will need 1/Day/Division). To keep the pace of play, and to give end of game warnings
- Greeter (2/Day - 1 for Open Doubles, 1 for 4-player) To greet teams, parents and coaches. Anwser questions like restrooms, changerooms, etc. Direct teams to the correct ice. Will need to arrive 15 min early to become aquainted with that day's club)
- Year-end party helpers
- Bonspiel Volunteers
- Social Media Ambassador
- Fundraising support
- Board Member
- Financial Statement Auditor
Volunteer roles are first come, first serve, and signed up for during your players registration. More information on selected roles and dates will be emailed out shortly after registration closes.